Start Date: At the earliest
SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
The Youth Solutions Program is SDSN Youth’s largest flagship program, and supports innovative youth-led solutions that are contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is an initiative that helps accelerate the growth of youth solutions and entrepreneurs through a digital ecosystem of experts and resources.
The Program consists of three components: an annual report which showcases outstanding youth-led innovations from across the world, a 16-week Investment Readiness Program, and the Youth Solutions Hub, which is an online community for young SDG entrepreneurs.
SDSN Youth is looking for qualified individuals to support alumni engagement as well as strategy and development of a new community of leaders within the Youth Solutions Program.
- Alumni Relations
- Developing and maintaining a regular stream of communication with YSP alumni
- Identifying needs & opportunities for the community, and curating solutions accordingly
- Working with marketing and communications team to increase alumni visibility online
- Event Management
- Conceptualizing and curating events (webinars, networking sessions, competitions, etc) targeted towards SDG innovators and the SDSN Youth community
- Preparing proposals and leading partnerships with external organizations and industry experts
- Executing the growth strategy relating to a new community of YSP alumni, including the development of new partnerships with entities and individuals interested in supporting the community
- Experience creating and/or managing digital platforms or digital content creation
- Knowledgeable about startup ecosystems, social innovation, and acceleration/incubation and the SDGs
- Experience with managing partnerships and relationships with experts from different fields
- MUST be responsive and able to manage regular and effective communication with the Project Lead (Solutions) and a global team spanning across 10 different time zones. This would include after-hours calls
- Be aged between 18-30 (exceptions may apply)
- Is organized, driven, can work autonomously and take initiative
- Experience with managing alumni communications
- Experience with supporting online communities, preferably with entrepreneurs and startups
- Experience with online event management, including webinars and interactive sessions
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be excluded
Total Weekly Hours:
- 10 hours per week (minimum)
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period at the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12 month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Project Lead/Deputy Project Lead of the Youth Solutions Program.
- Payment: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.