The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. SDSN mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development, including the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement. The SDSN Youth is an initiative of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN). It was launched in 2015 with a mission to empower youth globally to create sustainable development solutions.
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development. SDSN Youth is a network of 150+ secretariat staff, 750+ member organizations, 80+ university hubs and 25+ Regional & National networks based in more than 100 different countries.
The Global Events & Partnerships Team
The Events & Partnerships Team identifies collaborative opportunities with external organizations and institutions. We aim to leverage the strengths of the community and lend our strengths where possible. We also are responsible for hosting various events that engage youth in discussions that lead to collaborations to achieve the Agenda 2030
We are looking for a Project Officer to coordinate Events & Partnerships, identify new opportunities, manage relationships and partake in discussions for the growth of the organisations.
The Project Officer will be:
Working directly with:
- Leads of the Global Events & Partnerships Team
- Project Officers of the Events & Partnerships Team
- Other SDSN Youth Project Leads
Working occasionally with:
- Global Director
- SDSN Youth Network Coordinators
Responsibilities & Activities
- Maintain ongoing relationships with current partners and offer new ways to grow the existing partnership.
- Collaborate with the Global Events & Partnerships Team and other SDSN Youth Teams to align our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships.
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management.
- Research partners, identify key players and generate interest for potential avenues of collaboration.
- Respond to potential partnership inquiries and leverage which ones would be most beneficial to explore and move forward with.
- Conceptualize and execute various events
- Attend events (virtually) to network and engage with potential partners and various stakeholders.
The Project Officer will be someone who:
- A problem-solver who is able to consider the end goal over short-term benefits.
- Has excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Is a great communicator with strategic networking aptitude; sound, mature judgment and integrity.
- Critical thinker with the ability to understand, persuade, and negotiate
- Has excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Has experience in partnerships, sponsorship, or any other stakeholder management related activities.
- Has some professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Has an interest in sustainable development, and is passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for the Project Officer to communicate effectively with the team and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
Commitment: Total Weekly Hours: 10-12 hours per week
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Deputy Project Lead of the Global Events & Partnerships Team
- Compensation: Voluntary (Unpaid)
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
Please apply at https://sdsnyouth.org/join-the-team