Project Officer, Marketing and Events (Asia and the Pacific)
SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. SDSN mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development, including the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement. The SDSN Youth is an initiative of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN). It was launched in 2015 with a mission to empower youth globally to create sustainable development solutions.
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development. SDSN Youth is a network of 650+ member organizations based in more than 85 different countries.
SDSN Youth has more than 140 team members (staff, volunteers and interns) working in more than 30 different countries across 20 Regional/ National networks. Each Youth Regional/National Network is led by a Network Coordinator (SDSN Youth) who focuses on localizing the SDGs in their region.
SDSN Youth has 20 regional/national networks across the globe. Our networks localize youth SDG action in their respective countries. Our team, the Networks sub-team, supports our Network Coordinators, through helping them solve challenges, to drive the growth and scaling of their networks, aligning execution approaches with our goals, and drive new initiatives via a regional strategy.
We are hiring a Project Officer in the Asia and Pacific region, to support the Network Coordinators in organizing regional events, work with Network Coordinators and the Global team to devise a marketing strategy for the networks and the region, and assist in brainstorming intra and inter-regional collaboration.
The role involves working with people from across the Asia-Pacific region. This would be an ideal position for someone who is creative, collaborative, enjoys working with people, and wants to dive deep into how different countries/cultures implement the SDGs.
- Marketing and Events:
- Analyse and identify areas of collaboration across the Asia-Pacific region and the larger SDSN Youth Network.
- Work with the Network Coordinators and Regional Focal Point to brainstorm cooperative SDG action across the region.
- Support the implementation of regional strategic priorities through marketing activities and work with the global team on the same
- Development of the Asia-Pacific region:
- At the start of every calendar year, work with the Regional Focal Point to develop a short regional strategy outlining shared priorities and targets for the year, with particular weight on collaborative events and marketing strategy.
- Monitor progress of the regional strategy over the course of the year and ensure deadlines are met for specific objectives outlined at the beginning of the year.
- Support the Regional Focal point in running monthly calls and troubleshooting for the Network Coordinators.
The Project Officer (Marketing and Events) will be someone who has experience in marketing and event organization. They will be someone who is collaborative, creative and enthusiastic about working with cross-regional teams to maximize SDSN Youth’s internal performance.
- Candidate possesses prior experience in event organization and/or marketing in a previous work, university or volunteer role.
- Candidate possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and
- Candidate has an understanding of the SDGs
- Candidate has previous experience in university student leadership positions
- Candidate MUST feel comfortable working with different cultures and diverse perspectives
- Candidate MUST have excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Candidate MUST be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Candidate MUST demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively and report consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Candidate MUST be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 6 different time zones.
- Candidate is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
- Total Weekly Hours: 10 hours per week
- Candidate must commit to attending all regional meetings during and/or after work hours.
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period at the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Regional Focal Point of the Asia and Pacific region under the Networks team.
- Compensation: Voluntary
- Travel: This position may require some domestic and/or international travel.
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.