The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. SDSN mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development, including the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
The SDSN Youth is an initiative of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN). It was launched in 2015 with a mission to empower youth globally to create sustainable development solutions.
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
SDSN Youth is a network of +700 member organizations based in more than 85 different countries. SDSN Youth has more than 140 team members (staff, volunteers and interns) working in more than 30 different countries across 20 Regional/ National networks.
The Global Operations Team
The Operations team provides the support, structures and run processes, that allow SDSN Youth teams to better work together, and in order to achieve their team goals. Including Recruitment, Volunteer Experience, Training, Impact Assessment, and Strategy.
Our Strategy & Operations portfolio work with the leadership team members to drive the growth and scaling of our programs, and networks, aligning execution approach with our goals, and drive new initiatives.
This role will work with closely with the team members of the Membership Program (Project Lead and Project Officers) and the Networks Team to coordinate the localization of the Membership Program (https://sdsnyouth.org/become-a-member) and the Learning & Development training agenda focusing on the empowerment of the Member Organizations.
Some examples of what you may be involved in:
- Writing copy for social media kits,,
- Directly implement campaign activities, in close collaboration with the Project Lead and other Project Officers in the team,
- Support content creation for various activities (campaigns, webinars, events etc),
- Community engagement.
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for the Project Officer to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Membership Engagement Strategy
- Work closely the Stream Lead to better understand Network Coordinators’ needs, in order to shape the Membership Program strategy at a global level
- Work in a team to shape the Membership Program strategy, that provides an engaging experience for our members
- Process Optimization
- Working closely with the rest of the Operations Team to optimize the application process
- Work closely with Network Coordinators to execute the Membership program operations
- Technical Supports
- Demonstrate design and technological ease in the creation of communicational material such as newsletters, questionnaires, event posters etc.
The Project Officer (Membership Program) will be someone who has experience in program management, business strategy, web maintenance and customer service. They will be someone who possesses the organizational, communication and problem-solving skills, working in a team in order to maximize SDSN Youth’s internal performance.
- Candidate MUST have volunteer or work experience, managing teams, or in a role that requires stakeholder management.
- Candidate MUST have experience in business strategy.
- Candidate MUST have experience in technological support.
- Candidate MUST possess experience of using Google Suite, Breezy or similar platforms.
- Candidate MUST have excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Candidate MUST be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Candidate MUST demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively and report consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Candidate MUST be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Candidate MUST be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Candidate has an interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Candidate possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- The candidate is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours:
- 8+ hours per week (minimum)
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Project Lead of the Membership Program Team.
- Compensation: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
Please apply at https://sdsnyouth.org/join-the-team