Project Officer (Recruitment), Operations Team
SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
New York City
-- Please note that we are hiring multiple volunteers for this role, if you are not based in New York, please still send in an application! --
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
SDSN Youth would not be able to exist without its vast network of volunteers, a truly global team brought together to achieve one mission - empowering youth to achieve the SDGs.
We are looking for someone to help build out our unique Recruitment and Talent portfolio. You will be in charge of finding candidates who bring a passion for the SDGs and skills to help SDSN Youth teams achieve their objectives - building up the capabilities to enable SDSN Youth to continue empowering youth around the world.
- Role and Responsibilities
- Research and working closely with Project Leads to understand hiring needs, and position details
- Research and working closely with Network Coordinators to identify recruitment channels and points of contacts for local recruiting
- Recruitment Marketing Strategy
- Working closely with the Communications/Marketing Team promote opportunities and branding at SDSN Youth
- Interviews & Shortlisting
- Identify, engage, evaluate and recruit candidates based on Project/Network team needs
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
The Recruitment Project Officer will be someone who:
- Is patient, empathetic, and possesses impeccable written and organizational skills, driven and can work autonomously
- Wants to make a direct impact. You are the gatekeeper to joining the global team
- Wants to contribute to a story. By bringing together young leaders in the SDG space.
- Excels in both high-level and detailed planning.
- Enjoys problem-solving, and work well with people.
- Have experience in managing multiple stakeholders/partners.
- Have some professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively and report consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Is able and willing to work remotely, or from the New York office at Columbia University.
- Has had experience building a team of their own.
- Has an interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is willing to travel occasionally (domestically and internationally).
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours:
- Duration of Position:
The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
This position reports to the Project Leader of Operations.
This position may require some domestic and/or international travel.
All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.