Project Lead, Solutions
SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
Remote position. Applications close August 31st.
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
Making up a quarter of the world’s population - young people are the leaders of our future. Young people are extremely skilled and aware of the challenges of sustainable development - but still face many challenges of their own, in promoting their solutions: from lack of funding access to mentoring and networks to a shared narrative or SDG alignment.
The Youth Solutions Program is SDSN Youth’s largest flagship program, targeting challenges around promoting youth solutions, in alignment with all three core objectives of SDSN Youth - education (training / mentoring), connections (networks), and solutions (innovation), providing a number of initiatives that cultivate and grow youth solutions.
- Young innovators apply to our Youth Solutions Hub, where they get access to tools, experts, networks, and fundraising opportunities.
- Innovators can access a 16-week Investment Readiness Program to help young innovators build their skills and refine their pitches for investors and supporters.
- 50 solutions are selected from the Hub to be featured in the Youth Solutions Report, where innovators get the visibility and exposure to governments, impact investors and other potential partners that are not traditionally available to youth solutions.
The Project Lead for the Youth Solutions Program will be someone who has experience in managing teams and is passionate about accelerating sustainable development. They will be someone with a strategic mindset, is driven and can work autonomously.
The Project Lead will:
- drive the strategy and grow the program,
- handle strategic partnerships, and
- strategically evaluate new market opportunities, and lay down the roadmap to execute.
- Manage core operations for the Solutions team, including annual planning, team management, and governance responsibilities.
- Support, and work closely with team members to grow the initiatives
- Work closely with the Global teams on cross-project efforts
- Interface with partners
- Support the sourcing, structuring, and negotiation of partnerships
- Drive program strategy, with a focus on growth and partnerships
- Explore new strategic opportunities
- Volunteer or work experience managing teams.
- Have experience in stakeholder management.
- Have experience in coordinating and growing a program/project/product.
- Have an interest in the entrepreneurship/startup space.
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Candidate must be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Experience in a product management / growth hacking role, or entrepreneurship related role.
- Has a strong interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Willing to travel occasionally (domestically and internationally).
- Able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours:
- 10+ hours per week (minimum)
- Represent the Solutions Program for partnerships and collaboration at conferences around the world
- Meet and engage with our Experts, Mentors, and Innovators
- Contribute Thought Leadership to the youth solutions space (i.e. papers, book chapter features, etc)
- A committed team, and partners who support you and want to make an impact
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Global Coordinator.
- Payment: Voluntary
- Travel: This position may require some domestic and/or international travel, 5% - 10%.
- Training: All Project Leads are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.