Project Officer, Growth & Fundraising
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
Duties & Responsibilities
SDSN Youth’s Fundraising and Growth team is key to ensuring the future sustainability and growth of SDSN Youth. We are looking for a Project Officer that will work closely with the Growth and Fundraising Project Lead to spearhead the fundraising efforts at SDSN Youth. You’ll use your problem-solving skills to understand potential donors, grant administrators, and partners’ needs; and understand how our teams can meet their needs. You will seek funding opportunities from supporters, and nurture existing relationships with current supporters, allowing us to work together to achieve our mission of empowering youth globally to create sustainable solutions.
You will be empowered to support the building and implementation of a fundraising strategy, working with various internal stakeholders in order to gather data and guide strategy to advance our fundraising efforts. There will be opportunities to work and collaborate with project officers on our team and members of other teams.
- Working closely with team leads, to understand how our programs and networks can align to their needs, for example in the form of 1-1 fundraising, grant applications, or partnerships;
- Working closely with the Project Leader - Fundraising and Growth to assist in research, grant writing, stakeholder management and other relevant Fundraising or Partnerships tasks.
- Support with the research, strategy and implementation of new initiatives
- Drafting funding proposals to send to fundraising prospect
- Reviewing and providing feedback on marketing, sponsorship and promotional activities
The Growth & Fundraising Project Officer will be someone who has experience as an intern or support role in an organization or at a department level. They will be someone who possesses impeccable organizational, communication and problem-solving skills, and research capabilities, while working in a team in order to maximize SDSN Youth’s internal performance.
The Fundraising Project Officer will be someone who:
- Be responsive, and able to manage regular communication with the team and with partners - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Has outstanding problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Have experience in fundraising, research or other sponsorship efforts.
- Demonstrate a reasonable understanding of SDSN Youth’s mission.
- Have a reasonable understanding of the SDGs.
- Be detail oriented.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- The candidate possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- The candidate is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours:
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Fundraising and Growth Project Officer Lead.
- Payment: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.