SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
SDSN Youth would not be able to exist without its vast network of volunteers, a truly global team brought together to achieve one mission - empowering youth to achieve the SDGs. This role falls under the People & Culture, within the Operations team - in which there are 4 pillars: Education, Experience, Culture, and Performance.
Education → Training and upskilling our volunteers so that they are able to mobilize youth globally as effectively as possible.
Experience → Ensuring new volunteers are equipped from the beginning of their time with us, and ensuring that current volunteers are always learning and engaged.
Culture → Advocating SDSN Youth’s culture and values, leveraging structures and processes to enable SDSN Youth, and our volunteers to do their best, and enjoy their work.
Impact → Initiative & Ownership are one our team values at SDSN Youth, and to uphold a culture that thrives on open feedback, and continuous improvement.
- Research and working closely with Project Leads to understand hiring needs, and position details
- Identify, engage, evaluate and recruit candidates based on Project/Network team needs
- Managing the on-boarding experience for new-starters
- Conducting Pulse surveys
- Employee Relations point of contact for volunteers
- Manage Internal communications: Conduct regular conference calls, Workplace
- Vision and Core Values
- People and Admin
- Grievance/Conflict resolution
- Managing HR Systems
- Policies and Procedures
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
The Project Officer (Human Resources) will be someone who has extensive experience working in teams, with a passion for fostering and enabling an inclusive team culture, who is driven and can work autonomously.
Being the representative of the people, the PO must be able to balance personability (approachable, trust, empathy, and personal connections with Assembly members), with facticity (ability to be fair, diplomatic, and professionalism).
- Experience managing stakeholders/partners
- Professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively and report consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- An interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours:
- 10+ hours per week (minimum)
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period at the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Deputy Project Lead of People and Culture
- Payment: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
Please apply at https://sdsnyouth.org/join-the-team