Project Officer (Website Design and management), Global Schools Program
SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
Applications close 15th September.
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
The Global Schools Program aims to transform learning environments globally and make schools the hubs of education and leadership on the SDGs. We aim to allow educators to empower billions of young people to prioritize sustainable development in their lifestyles, behaviors, education, and professional careers.
Our website - https://www.globalschoolsprogram.org - serves as a library of resources for schools and teachers. It holds a library of resources, including lesson plans for grades 1-12, fun resources from other programs and platforms, and is also the home for the Schools’ pledge to education for the SDGs, in which 80+ number of schools have already pledged their commitment.
We’re looking for Project Officer will focus on improving the User Experience (UX) of the website, allowing for a seamless and easy to use experience for teachers around the world.
- Website User Experience and Research (UX)
- UX uplift, including adapting the website for mobile use
- Spearheading the development of our library of resources
- Website content
- Coordinating translation development and deployment
- Metrics and Data Analysis
- Monitoring and analysis of website traffic
- SEO management
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
The Project Officer (Website UX Design) will be someone who has experience in UX Design, Digital Marketing, who is driven and can work autonomously.
- Has experience in user experience design (web)
- Has experience in using CMS web platforms (i.e. Wix, Squarespace, Wordpress, etc)
- Have some professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively and report consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Experience in Digital Marketing or Data Analysis.
- Has an interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours:
- Duration of Position:
The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
This position reports to the Project Leader of the Global Schools Program.
This position may require some domestic and/or international travel.
All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.