The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. SDSN mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development, including the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
The SDSN Youth is an initiative of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN). It was launched in 2015 with a mission to empower youth globally to create sustainable development solutions.
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
SDSN Youth is a network of 650+ member organizations based in more than 85 different countries. SDSN Youth has more than 140 team members (staff, volunteers and interns) working in more than 30 different countries across 20 Regional/ National networks.
The Global Communications Team
The Communications Team aims to showcase and celebrate the impact of SDSN Youth, and showcase educational resources/opportunities to our online followers.
With over 30 different teams in SDSN Youth, there are many launches, campaigns and initiatives happening at the same time. We’re looking for someone to support our design and content creation efforts.
Some examples of what you may be involved in:
- Designing reports, brochures, social media graphics
- Developing Brand guidelines and templates
- Create and design various materials for digital and print collateral
- Provide creative direction in the form of brand guidelines, templates, etc.
- Manage and execute multiple design projects/ tasks
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for the Deputy Project Lead to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
The Communications Project Officer (Design) will be someone who:
- Is completing/ have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts, Communications or related fields.
- Has knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design software.
- Has knowledge and experience of graphic design and layout for print and web.
- Has an excellent eye for detail.
- The candidate has experience in graphic design.
- The candidate has some professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Has knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Has a portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Has an interest in sustainable development, and is passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours: 8 hours per week
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Project Lead of the Global Communications Team
- Payment: Voluntary
- Training: All Deputy Project Leads are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
Please apply at https://sdsnyouth.org/join-the-team