At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
The Youth Solutions Program is SDSN Youth’s largest flagship program, and supports innovative youth-led solutions that are contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is an initiative that helps accelerate the growth of youth solutions and entrepreneurs through a digital ecosystem of experts and resources.
The Program consists of three components: an annual report which showcases outstanding youth-led innovations from across the world, a 16-week Investment Readiness Program, and the Youth Solutions Hub, which is an online community for young SDG entrepreneurs.
The Solutions Program team is looking for a rockstar volunteer and partner - someone who can work independently and enjoys researching and developing meaningful social media content and graphics - to take our initiatives to the next level. If you are someone who is confident in your knowledge, has a creative bone or two, and is passionate about accelerating sustainable development objectives, join us!
You will be involved in:
- Content Creation - Social Media Marketing
- Create material for the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for Solutions Program (1 post per week)
- Develop graphics for Facebook, Twitter, and other social media posts for initiatives as required - Investment Readiness Program, Solutions Report
- Help with the design of presentation and content for the Solutions website and the Solutions Hub
- Monitor engagement on internal Facebook page as well as with innovators and the general public
- Work together with other Project Officers in the team (i.e. Partnerships) to create material and pitch decks for engagement with partner organisations
- Work closely with the Project Leads to build relationship with global media outlets and expand media outreach (where applicable)
- Help Project Teams with marketing campaigns and outreach
- Experience in copywriting and content creation.
- Knowledgeable about startup ecosystems, social innovation, and acceleration/incubation
- Knowledgeable about the SDGs
- Knowledgeable on Squarespace, Webflow, Canva
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones
- Excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
- Is Organized, driven and can work autonomously.
- Detailed oriented individual.
Total Weekly Hours
- 10 hours per week (minimum)
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period at the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12 month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Project Lead/Deputy Project Lead of the Youth Solutions Program.
- Payment: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.