At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious, and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
In order to create a sustainable world for future generations, young people from all fields need to be active participants in addressing pressing global challenges. The SDG Students Program is an initiative of SDSN Youth that aims to engage students in higher education in the global effort to achieve the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, as well as empower them with the knowledge,
- Identify areas of collaboration
- Manage incoming partnership requests
- Scouting for new opportunities
- Networking and outreach
- Attend monthly NC meetings for progress updates and opportunities found
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
The Project Officer (Operations) ) will be someone who:
- Is organized, patient, empathetic, driven and can work autonomously.
- Has impeccable communication skills.
- Is an opportunity seeker
- Has excellent networking skills.
- Experience in liaison with relevant stakeholders
- Experience in holding regional activities/programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional or volunteer work experience in a team. Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team
- Knowledgeable about the SDGs, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Between age 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking, and listening.
- Able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours:
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months probation period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Regional Focal Point, Africa
- Payment: Voluntary
Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.