At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
SDSN Youth’s Fundraising and Growth team is key to ensuring the future sustainability and growth of SDSN Youth. We are looking for a Lead Research Project Officer that will work closely with the Growth and Fundraising Project Lead to spearhead the fundraising research efforts at SDSN Youth. You’ll use your problem-solving skills to understand potential donors, grant administrators, and partners’ needs; and understand how our teams can meet their needs. Through your research, you will help the team identify funding opportunities from supporters, and nurture existing relationships with current supporters, allowing us to work together to achieve our mission of empowering youth globally to create sustainable solutions.
With over 30 different teams in SDSN Youth, there are many launches, campaigns and initiatives happening at the same time. We’re looking for someone to support our design and content creation efforts.
Some examples of what you may be involved in:
- Designing reports, brochures, social media graphics
- Developing Brand guidelines and templates
- Create and design various materials for digital and print collateral
- Provide creative direction in the form of brand guidelines, templates, etc.
- Manage and execute multiple design projects/ tasks
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for the Project Lead to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
The Project Officer (Design) will be someone who:
- Is completing/ have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts, Communications or related fields.
- Has knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design software.
- Has knowledge and experience of graphic design and layout for print and web.
- Has an excellent eye for detail.
- The candidate has experience in graphic design.
- The candidate has some professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Has knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Has a portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Has an interest in sustainable development, and is passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours: 5 - 8 hours per week
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to a review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Project Lead of the Growth & Fundraising Team
- Payment: Voluntary
- Training: All new recruits are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
Please apply at https://sdsnyouth.org/join-the-team