Application Deadline: December 02, 2022
Global Schools (GS) is an initiative led by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network in support of UNESCO’s Global Action Program on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). Its mission is to empower schools and teachers globally to educate students on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Global Citizenship. The vision of the program is to generate interest on the sustainable development goals in schools in an effort to educate and engage students with the SDGs and Global Citizenship and to encourage them to prioritize the goals in their lifestyles, behaviors, education, and professional careers as these goals provide a framework for a better world for children. The program aims to do this by transforming learning environments globally and making schools the hubs of education and leadership on sustainable development, ultimately becoming vehicles for empowering and mobilizing students and young people to help implement the SDGs in their communities.
As a Project Officer, your main responsibility will be supporting the production, publication, and promotion of Global School's Podcast, to support teachers' training in educating students on the SDGs and Global Citizenship.
The primary responsibilities of the Project Officer include but are not limited to:
- Regularly write scripts, show notes, and produce transcripts, all with the purpose of attracting more of the right traffic and pointing potential listeners to the podcast.
- Develop innovative ideas about audio storytelling.
- Support, when necessary, other important educational resources, including Global Schools Case Study Guide, Activities Guides, and lesson plans, to assist educators to more effectively deliver education on the SDGs and ESD.
- Monitoring the impact of the podcasts and providing feedback to hosts.
- Develop and implement social media plans to grow listeners across key platforms for multiple podcasts.
- Collect and collate important and useful information to support the integration of the SDGs into school settings.
- Conduct Podcast guest research on relevant ESD topics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of podcast audiences, development and production where you are involved in all aspects of production from booking guests, audio/video recording of the podcast, editing and curating of the podcasts.
- Sound knowledge of Adobe Audition/audacity, audio and video editing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sustainable development and passion for the mission of Global Schools, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Prior experience in content creation, research, educator or working on developing training programs is a plus.
- A passion for stories that spark a listener's curiosity and bring them something fresh.
- Excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking, and listening.
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage complex projects; ability to manage several workflows simultaneously, take initiative, and work proactively.
- Ability to contribute at least 10 hours per week for this role.
- Be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governmental and civil society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development;
- Build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government, and the United Nations;
- Have the opportunity to attend high-level domestic and international virtual meetings and conferences and network with some of the most prominent figures in this space;
- Supported by our global team of experts across a range of areas, progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible and fulfilling environment.
- Gain exposure and experience relevant to building a career in international development.
- Location: This position will be remote.
- Hours: This position requires at least 10 hours per week.
- Training: The candidate is required to complete all online induction courses and complete the Global Schools onboarding process.
- Supervision: This position is supervised by the Project Lead, Content, of Global Schools.
- Compensation: This position is voluntary (Unpaid).
- Duration of Position: January 2023 - December 2023. This position requires a minimum commitment of 12 months, with a 3-month probation period.
- Start Date: January 2023.