Project Officer (Social Media Management & Marketing), Solutions
Start Date: At the earliest
SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
The Youth Solutions Program is SDSN Youth’s largest flagship program, and supports innovative youth-led solutions that are contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is an initiative that helps accelerate the growth of youth solutions and entrepreneurs through a digital ecosystem of experts and resources.
The Program consists of three components: an annual report which showcases outstanding youth-led innovations from across the world, a 16-week Investment Readiness Program, and the Youth Solutions Hub, which is an online community for young SDG entrepreneurs.
The Solutions Program team is looking for a rockstar volunteer and partner - someone who can work independently and enjoys researching and developing meaningful social media content and graphics - to take our initiatives to the next level. If you are someone who is confident in your knowledge, has a creative bone or two, and is passionate about accelerating sustainable development objectives, join us!
You will be involved in:
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with the Youth Solutions Program goals
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and followers preferences
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and events)
- Collaborate with other teams, like partnerships, Alumni Community, investment Readiness Program on content and marketing approach
- Communicate with followers, and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and headers)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like campaigns and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Create material and listing in social media calendar for the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for Solutions Program (1 post per week)
- Coordinate with the multimedia designer on graphics for Facebook, Twitter, and other social media posts for initiatives as required - Investment Readiness Program, Solutions Report, Pitch Competition
- Work closely with the Project Leads to build relationship with global media outlets and expand media outreach (where applicable)
- Experience in copywriting and content creation.
- Experience in social media management
- Knowledgeable about startup ecosystems, social innovation, and acceleration/incubation
- Knowledgeable about the SDGs
- Knowledgeable on Squarespace, Webflow, Canva
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones
- Excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
- Is Organized, driven and can work autonomously.
- Detailed oriented individual.
Total Weekly Hours
- 10 hours per week (minimum)
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period at the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12 month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Project Lead/Deputy Project Lead of the Youth Solutions Program.
- Payment: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.