Project Officer (Content Writing), SDG Students Program
SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
Applications close TBD
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
The SDG Students Program trains a cohort of passionate young individuals (SDG Coordinators) to engage students on their campuses with the SDGs. Our vision is to transform every university into hubs of learning and engagement for the SDGs, and to empower all students to become drivers of change.
We believe that the key to mobilizing campuses requires our SDG Coordinators to be set up with the right training and resources to succeed. The Communications Pillar provides leadership, planning, and execution for SDG Student’s Program’s strategic communications, public relations, and digital media strategies to facilitate the visibility of the program.
We have over 70 university hubs in 26 countries - and need your help!
Are you a detail-oriented person who possesses great communication skills, cultural sensitivity (we are engaging with members from over 25 countries after all), professionalism and skills in writing compelling stories? We want you!
This could be from running a student club, volunteering experiences, or work - we look for transferable skills and real life experience dealing with a diverse set of people.
We are looking for a new team member in our Communications team to assist in how we build, engage, and support a community of students across the world to engage their surroundings - peers, faculty, the local community - for SDG action.
As Project Officer of Content Writing, your responsibilities will include:
- Global Activities Monthly Round Up
- Work closely with SDG Student Hubs to find out what is going on across our network. Select and compile featured activities for publication
- Write and edit monthly blog materials highlighting hub updates and activities in a meaningful manner
- Our Impact Stories Collection
- Select and interview outstanding SDG Hub Coordinators to be featured, ensuring that their message and story is relevant, celebrated, and inspirational to our audience
- Write and edit blog materials with the ability to deliver an insightful story narrative and illustrate the impact of our work
- Other Content Writing and Editing
- Work closely with colleagues on the global team on developing particular events and other updates to be featured as blog content, ensuring all articles follow best practices such as grammar, format, graphics, and readability
- Brainstorm, ideate and implement other written content to reach and attract a larger network
- You also be asked to provide material generation support for fundraising
- Additional Responsibilities:
- All Project Officers in the SDG Students Program Team may be called upon throughout the year to assist with the following duties:
- Assessment and review of prospective SDG Coordinators (twice yearly)
- Assist in partnership discussions with relevant external stakeholders
- Support SDG Coordinators and activities related to SDG Student Hubs
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
The Content Writing Officer will be someone who is passionate about content writing and insightful storytelling who knows how to create engaging content to readers.
- Have professional or volunteer work experience in content creation and/or copywriting, research, and editing
- Possesses the ability to write persuasively and communicate ideas to the reader and an excellent command of the English language
- Be detail-oriented and is highly-organized with the ability to meet deadlines
- Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams
- Have a great interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change
- Be able to work remotely and maintain communication with a globe-spanning team
- Demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position
- Currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree, with preference given to those with relevant degrees
- Prior engagement in the international development area is a plus.
- Language skills are highly desirable
Total Weekly Hours:
- 5-8 hours per week (minimum)
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period at the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12 month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Project Leader and Deputy Project Leader (Communications & Outreach) of the SDG Students Program.
- Payment: Voluntary
- Travel: This position may require some domestic and/or international travel.
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
Please apply at https://sdsnyouth.org/join-the-team