At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
Making up a quarter of the world’s population - young people are the leaders of our future. Young people are extremely skilled and aware of the challenges of sustainable development - but still face many challenges of their own, in promoting their solutions: from lack of funding access to mentoring and networks to a shared narrative or SDG alignment.
The Youth Solutions Program is SDSN Youth’s largest flagship program, targeting challenges around promoting youth solutions, in alignment with all three core objectives of SDSN Youth - education (training / mentoring), connections (networks), and solutions (innovation), providing a number of initiatives that cultivate and grow youth solutions.
The Investment Readiness Program supports innovative youth-led solutions that are contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is a 16-week digital accelerator that connects a cohort of innovators from around the world to one-on-one mentoring, curated training, and valuable networks to scale up their contributions to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The Investment Readiness Program is operated by SDSN Youth in partnership with Babele.co, which manages the digital platform through which the acceleration course is conducted.
We are looking for someone to support the 6th edition of its Investment Readiness Program and execute its engagement strategy.
- Program Development
- Developing program materials such as training modules, managing logistics for special events, and contributing innovative ideas to improve the program.
- When appropriate, preparing project documents and proposals relating to the Investment Readiness Program (e.g. funding applications for grants, partnership requests, memoranda of understanding, press releases, program evaluation reports, etc.).
- Community & Partnerships
- Supporting the engagement of mentors and innovators with the Program by leading an assigned cohort including but not limited to reminding them of outstanding tasks, answering their questions, leading cohort discussions, and providing feedback on completed assignments.
- Liaising with both SDSN and Babele.co (through calls, emails and any other relevant means) to solve issues relating to the Program, coordinate its implementation, and identify growth strategies for future editions.
- Outreach and engagement with potential partners such as impact investors, incubators, or accelerators that may complement the program.
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial
The Investment Readiness Program Project Officer will be someone who:
- Is organized, driven and can work autonomously
- Works well with people, with a passion for flourishing communities.
- Experience creating and/or managing digital platforms or digital content creation.
- Is knowledgeable about startup ecosystems, social innovation, impact investing, and acceleration/incubation.
- Experience with user engagement, customer support, education, or marketing.
- Knowledgeable about the SDGs
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team - including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
- Is Organized, driven and can work autonomously.
- Works well with people and is passionate for flourishing communities
Total Weekly Hours:
- 10+ hours per week (minimum)
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period at the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12 month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Project Lead/Deputy Project Lead of the Solutions team.
- Payment: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.