SDSN Caribbean Youth Network Coordinator
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. SDSN mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development, including the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement. The SDSN Youth is an initiative of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network(SDSN). It was launched in 2015 with a mission to empower youth globally to create sustainable development solutions.
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious, and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development. SDSN Youth is a network of 650+ member organizations based in more than 85 different countries. SDSN Youth has more than 140 team members (staff, volunteers, and interns) working in more than 30 different countries across 20 Regional/ National networks.
The SDSN Caribbean, hosted by the University of the West Indies, invites interested applicants for the post of Youth Network Coordinator. The Youth Network Coordinator, as an official representative of SDSN Caribbean will organize and manage all SDSN Caribbean Youth activities, focusing on youth engagement for action with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Work with SDSN Caribbean and UNSDSN Youth to facilitate SDGs youth events in the Caribbean region.
- Development and implement a strategic SDG Youth initiative, prioritizing education and action;
- Assist with recruitment, shortlisting, onboarding and training of SDG Student Hub Campus Coordinators;
- Monitor and supervise SDG Student Hub Campus Coordinators;
- Assist Student Hub Coordinators to engage youths on the campus and the wider community for resilience building and strengthening SDGs action for transformation;
- Manage correspondences related to SDSN Caribbean youth;
- Identify and facilitate interaction and stakeholder engagement with key youth stakeholders;
- Facilitate collaboration and partnerships opportunities with other youth organizations for the SDGs
- A current student of the University of the West Indies (Undergraduate or Graduate levels) with a minimum of 12 months remaining of study.
- Knowledge of/experience with actions for the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement; professional or voluntary work with partnership development, community mobilization, stakeholder engagement and fundraising are assets.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, with the strong ability to motivate others.
- A Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage multiple network operations streams and teams.
- Excellence in English (speaking, writing and listening)
- Excellent knowledge of communication and management software and open to adapt to new tools.
Total Weekly Hours:
- 10 hours per week (aprox)
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 3 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: The Youth Network Coordinator will report to the Manager, SDSN Caribbean, located at the Caribbean Secretariat, Mona Campus, Kingston, Jamaica and Regional Focal Point at SDSN Youth
- Compensation: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.