At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By
joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of
cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
The SDG Students Program trains a cohort of passionate young individuals (SDG Coordinators) to engage students on
their campuses with the SDGs. Our vision is to transform every university into hubs of learning and engagement for
the SDGs, and to empower all students to become drivers of change.
We believe that the key to mobilizing campuses requires our SDG Coordinators to be set up with the right training and
resources to succeed. The Communications Pillar provides leadership, planning, and execution for SDG Student’s
Program’s strategic communications, public relations, and digital media strategies to facilitate the visibility of the
We have over 100 university hubs in 26 countries - and need your help!
We are looking for a junior graphic designer who will use our platform of SSP to get first Graphic design experiences
without any prior knowledge necessary. You would get trained by the team in our most important tools and help our
Create Designer with everyday tasks, filling in templates, and generally support the social media team.
We are looking for a new team member in our Administration pillar to assist in how we build, engage, and support a
community of students across the world to engage their surroundings - peers, faculty, the local community - for SDG
As Project Officer of Junior Creative Design, your responsibilities will include:
1. Graphic Design
○ Design visual graphics and other creative content for social media posts using Canva and/or other
○ Design communication tools such as brochures, infographics, prospectus, presentation templates
and other multimedia assets
○ Facilitate in brainstorming new creative endeavours of the program
2. Newsletter Design & Management
○ Develop and design monthly email newsletters for hub members and subscribers
○ Utilize email marketing campaign tools (e.g. Mailchimp/MailerLite) for newsletters and other
○ Provide support in gathering newsletter content, including highlighted activities, hub member
coverage and monthly round-ups
3. Video Editing
○ Work with our global network to collate videos that communicates our impact and connection to
both internal and external stakeholders
4. Additional Responsibilities:
○ All Project Officers in the SDG Students Program Team may be called upon throughout the year to
assist with the following duties:
i. Assessment and review of prospective SDG Coordinators (twice yearly)
ii. Assist in partnership discussions with relevant external stakeholders
iii. Support SDG Coordinators and activities related to SDG Student Hubs
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project
Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and
communicating proactively is crucial.
The Junior Creative Design Project Officer will be someone who is creative and detail-oriented with commendable
graphic design skills and/or experience. The candidate will have familiarity with design softwares (e.g Canva,
inDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and email marketing (e.g. MailChimp). They will be someone who possesses excellent time
management skills with an understanding of the latest trends in graphic design and gear it according to the program’s
● No prior experience in Graphic Design required!
● A willingness to learn Canva and other Graphic Design tools
● Be detail-oriented and is highly-organized with the ability to meet deadlines
● Creative and innovative
● Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload
across several projects/teams
● Have a great interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including
the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change
● Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening
● Be able to work remotely and maintain communication with a globe-spanning team
● Demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many
overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position
● Experience in video editing is highly desirable
● Language skills are an asset
Total Weekly Hours:
● 5-8 hours per week (minimum)
● Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period at the beginning.
However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12 month basis.
● Reporting: This position reports to the Project Leader and Deputy Project Leader (Communications &
Outreach ) of the SDG Students Program.
● Payment: Voluntary
● Travel: This position may require some domestic and/or international travel.
● Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including
Please apply at https://sdsnyouth.org/join-the-team